Email MeVirginia M. Blumenthal Esq.
Virginia M. Blumenthal has been named as One of Best Women Litigators in California. (Los Angeles Daily Journal). Ms. Blumenthal was also named as one of the Top Most Influential Attorneys in the State of California, along with One of the Best Lawyers in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, and Super Lawyer in California. Ms. Blumenthal has accumulated a long list of accolades in over 35 years of practice, including being listed in Best Lawyers in America for over 25 years. She has an AV rating, the highest possible rating by the leading national attorney directory- Martin-Hubbell.
A graduate of Riverside Poly High School and Riverside Community College, Blumenthal has been recognized not only for her outstanding trial and legal skills, but also for her volunteer contributions to the community. In 2008 she received the distinguished Gold Key Award from Soroptimist International of Riverside where she was recognized by the Mayor of Riverside, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, the California State Assembly, the California State Senate, the Governor of California, the United States Senator and the President of the United States for her legal excellence and service to the community. She is a recipient of the ATHENA Award for outstanding community service, 2008 recipient of the YWCA Women of Achievement Award, named as a Person Who Makes A Difference, and recently presented the NAACP Law/ Justice Award, to name a few.
She has served as President of the Riverside County Philharmonic and is currently on the executive committee and foundation of the Philharmonic. She currently serves as President on the Riverside Community College District Board of Trustees. Blumenthal is also one of the founders of the Riverside County High School Mock Trial program and she has been Head Judge for the Riverside County Spelling Bee for over 30 years.
She is mother of five children and grandmother to 6 grandchildren. Her parents are celebrating 65 years of marriage and still live directly across the street from Riverside City College.
Blumenthal Law Offices is dedicated to providing the best possible defense to the accused. This premier law firm is committed to excellence. The attorneys offer to clients more than 100 years of criminal law experience. They handle all criminal matters from murder to petty theft, complex to simple and both adult and juvenile. They have also handled many high-profile cases and have represented teachers, law enforcement officers, politicians, the Spanish speaking community and other members of the community.
Areas of Practice
- White Collar Crimes
- All Aspects of Criminal Law
- California, 1975
- California Southern Law School, Riverside, California
- J.D. - 1975
- California State Northridge
- M.A. - 1971
- California State Northridge
- B.A. - 1970
- Guest Lecturer, "People Who Make a Difference", Riverside County
Honors and Awards
- Woman of the Year, State Senate, 2010
- "One of the Most Influential Attorneys in the State of California", by the October 28th Issue of the Daily Journal
- AV Rated
- "Best Lawyers in America" Book
- Recipient, Athena Award, 2004
- Took High School Mock Trial class to Nationals
- "Top Most Influential Attorneys in CA"
- Gold Key Award from Soroptimist International of Riverside
- YWCA Women of Achievement Award
- Top Women Litigators
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Riverside Philharmonic, President
- Riverside County Spelling Bee, Head Judge
- Riverside Community College, Board of Trustees