Devoted Exclusively

To The Defense

Of The Accusedtm

Indecent Exposure/Lewd Conduct

Riverside Sex Crime Attorneys: (951) 682-5110

Something as seemingly innocent as public urination or nude sunbathing can get you arrested and labeled a sex offender.

A conviction for indecent exposure (Penal Code section 314), or lewd conduct could result in a requirement to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. A first indecent exposure offense is a misdemeanor, but a second or subsequent offense is a felony punishable by up to eight years in prison.

If you have been arrested for indecent exposure, please contact a Riverside sex crime lawyer at Blumenthal Law Offices today. We can work to protect your rights and minimize the negative consequences to you.

We can talk about your charges and potential defense today.

Was Anyone Offended?

Indecent exposure is when a person exposes himself or herself in any public place where there are others present who could be offended or annoyed. Lewd conduct includes acts considered indecent or offensive, including indecent exposure.

Indecent exposure (or flashing), can be charged if someone is partially or totally disrobed in any public place, such as:

  • Public park
  • Beach
  • Public rest room
  • Shopping mall
  • Restaurant
  • Public sidewalk

Key to the charge is whether others witnessed the act. Charges are more serious if a minor was involved.

We Work Hard to Build a Strong Defense

After hearing your side of the story, we may meet with the police investigator and persuade him or her not to file the case at all. If charges are filed, we can review the police report and the evidence against you. We can determine whether there were actually any witnesses, whether they are telling the truth or have a reason to make a false allegation against you.

If this is a case of mistaken identity, our Riverside criminal defense lawyers may be able to establish an alibi. We’ll explore all possible defenses and work diligently with the goal of getting the case against you dismissed or the charges reduced.

To learn how we can help you, please contact us today for a no-charge consultation.

Contact our firm, and speak directly with an attorney.

*Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Submit Your Message