Devoted Exclusively

To The Defense

Of The Accusedtm

What to Do After Your Child Gets a DUI

Posted By Blumenthal Law Offices || 25-Sep-2017

If you got a call in the middle of the night about your child getting arrested for a DUI, I’m sure you felt overwhelmed with confusion, fear and anger. Due to the serious nature and severe penalties associated with a California DUI, it is imperative for parents to understand what it takes to protect their child’s rights and future.

The following are the potential penalties for underage DUI (younger than 21 years of age) in California based on Blood Alcohol Content level:

  • If your child has a BAC of 0.01% - “Zero tolerance” underage DUI
    • One-year driver’s license suspension
  • If your child has a BAC of 0.05% - Underage DUI
    • One-year driver’s license suspension
    • $100 fine
    • Mandatory alcohol education program
  • If your child has a BAC of 0.8% - Standard DUI
    • Maximum jail sentence of six months
    • Fine of up to $1,000
    • Driver’s license suspension for up to five years
    • Mandatory alcohol education program
  • If your child had alcohol in his or her possession
    • One-year driver’s license suspension
    • Fine of up to $1,000
    • Vehicle impoundment for up to 30 days

In addition to criminal penalties, a DUI conviction may turn up on your child’s criminal record or background check, possibly limiting his or her employment opportunities. Furthermore, if your child is attending college, he or she may face additional punishment from the school.

If your son or daughter is facing a DUI charge in Inland Southern California, a Riverside criminal defense attorney at Blumenthal Law Offices is ready to help you and your child obtain the most favorable outcome possible. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we can thoroughly review your child’s case and determine all available legal options, perhaps getting the charges reduced significantly or the entire case dismissed.

Contact us and request a no-charge consultation today.

Contact our firm, and speak directly with an attorney.

*Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Submit Your Message