Riverside Capital Murder Defense Lawyers
The most serious criminal charge a person can face in California—capital
murder—is one of very few crimes which can result in the death penalty.
There are two trials in every capital murder case. The first determines
the guilt or innocence of the defendant. The second establishes the sentence:
death by lethal injection or life in prison without parole.
If you are facing murder one, or if you have already been convicted of
first-degree murder, you need an attorney you can trust with your life.
At Blumenthal Law Offices, our Riverside capital murder defense attorneys
are experienced at defending clients accused of capital murder. We are
ready for even the toughest challenge, so don’t hesitate to call us today.
Proven Track Record of Success in Capital Murder Cases
We have represented clients in four capital murder cases in recent years
and none of our clients has received the death penalty.
Our death penalty attorney, Jeffrey A. Aaron, was lead counsel in the death
penalty defense unit of the San Bernardino public defender's office
for six years and was involved in the litigation of numerous high profile
death penalty cases. When your life is on the line, we know how to protect you.
A first-degree murder case can become a capital crime if one of more than
20 special circumstances is involved, including:
- Murder of a judge, police officer, fire fighter, or elected or appointed
- Murder related to a religious or hate crime
- The crime occurred during the commission of a robbery, burglary, rape,
or other violent crime
- Prior conviction for first- or second-degree murder
- A destructive device, such as a bomb or gun, was used in the crime
- Retaliation against a witness for providing testimony
- Retaliation against a prosecutor or judge
- The crime was especially heinous or involved torture
- Shooting a firearm from a vehicle
- Gang affiliation
- Aiding, abetting, or soliciting the murder—even if you did not actually
kill the victim
Prepared to fight every case in court, we know how to expose mistakes,
question evidence, and place doubt in the minds of jurors. To learn how
we can help you or your loved one, please contact us immediately.
For your emergencies, we have a 24-hr live answering service. Call us any
time of day.